For a long time people have been using different types of essential oils for their skin care regiments. These products have been used for different types of procedures for improving the skin as well as in preventing and healing different types of conditions. While some of them are used for different types of skins, others are available for all. The following list will provide the users with the types of oils and their uses in taking care of the skin:
• Chamomile- This is good for those with dry and itchy skins and is usually used as a cleanser. It works by easing puffiness, smoothening and strengthening the capillaries and tissues thus improving the elasticity.
• Geranium- Also used in cleansing and is suitable for the mature or troubled skin as it helps in radiating them and improving circulation. Users are advised to take care when using geranium during pregnancy as it is known to help in the balance of the hormone system.
• Lavender- This is one of the essential oils that can be used for all skin types. It is known to promote the growth of new cells and creating a balance in the sebum. Apart from that it can be used in healing different conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, acne and sunburns.
• Lemon- This product works by getting rid of the dead skin cells in order to brighten dull and pale complexions. On top of that it can be used in cleansing oily skins. It is important for the users are warned about exposure to sunlight, UV light as well as sun bed because lemon is photo toxic.
• Neroli- This is the best choice for those skins that are dry, sensitive or mature. It facilitates the regeneration of skin cells and helps in improving its elasticity. It is also helpful in getting rid of scarring, stretch marks and varicose veins.
• Rose-This oil has a soothing effect on inflammation and thereby it is good for the mature, sensitive and dry skins. It also helps in improving circulation as it reduces constriction of the capillaries. It is important to note that rose is very expensive but users can substitute it with rose geranium.
• Rosemary- Those with sagging skins should select this product as it is a strong astringent that helps in toning and tightening it. It should not be used by pregnant users as has a stimulating impact on the uterus.
• Sandalwood- This is a great product for those with dehydrated skin or dry eczema. It has a softening effect which can be improved by mixing it with cocoa butter.
• Ylang Ylang- it comes with a balancing effect in the sebum and thereby can be used for all types of skins.
With this information it is easier for the users to select the products that are suitable for their skin types and the type of skin care procedure they want to carry out whether it is moisturizing, toning or cleansing.