Do you have oily skin? Congratulations! That means your skin will be able to fight of the signs of age longer than your dry or normal skinned friends.
Oily skin is not without problems, though. You can wash it, cleanse it, watch after your skin all the time and still just keep dreaming of the perfect skin. It may never become a normal, low-maintenance skin, but a lot can be done with the correct treatment. Try to treat oily skin in a natural way to keep it looking youthful and beautiful.
1. Keep your skin clean. Cleanse your skin in the morning - with a cleanser if you need to - and once in the evening. No more! Too much washing just boosts the oiliness even more. Do try to keep your skin clean though - dirt and grime can cause pores to clog and give acne a foothold.
2. Use a toner on the skin to close those pores after cleansing. The heat of a summer day and warm water you use to wash your skin open the pores even wider allowing more oil to flow out. In the morning, close the pores with the toner. A great tip for the summer days: for a cool feeling store it in the ice box.
3. Apply a natural moisturizer after thorough washing and cleansing. Avoid moisturizers with mineral oil, as it will only clog your pores. There's no reason to shy away from natural oils, though. Avocado oil for example is great for all skin types, as it moisturizes the skin without leaving it oily. A great skin cream will help the skin to stay beautiful and look younger.
4. Avoid acne creams and lotions. They have a strong drying effect on the skin and usually cause even more oil to be excreted. Most of them will be based on alcohol, which will dry the skin on the surface, but leave the pores full of oil. In the end you may even have acne as well as flakey skin! It's better to avoid alcohol in skin care products.
5. A better tip is to use a all-natural cleansing mask once every two weeks to deep clean the skin. Look for one with kaolin clay and active Manuka honey - two great ingredients that will work wonders on your skin!
To learn more about how to treat oily skin naturally please visit my website for valuable information!
Lumi H. Jais believes in taking good care of herself by healthy habits like a balanced diet, quality supplements and using the best natural skin care products, as she is passionate about maintaining her youthful appearance and beautiful skin.