These foods are packed with enzymes, minerals and natural vitamins - everything you'll need to to keep your skin clean, clean and soft for your youngest look yet. There'll be no need to pay professionals anymore when you learn how to create your own home remedies for skin care right at home.
Five Home Remedies for Common Skin Care Issues
Below are five awesome skin care recipes you can make at home to tackle the most common issues we face - on our face.
Learn to use everyday fruits, vegetables and nature-made ingredients that are readily available at your local grocery store for the following treatments.
Dissolve the old dead cell while you clean out your pores with this simple exfoliating blend of pineapple and olive oil.
Enzymes in the pineapple gently remove the top layer of old skin and olive oil contains the well-known skin supplement vitamin E to restore a smooth, supple surface.
- Blend in a blender 4 pieces of pineapple and 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil to make a smooth paste.
- Leave on time is 15 minutes then wash off with water only.
Banish Blackheads - Quickly and Easily
Blackheads definitely don't look good and since we know they're the result of blocked pores we gotta get 'em cleaned out. Here are two classic cleansers that can be used regularly to keep your blackhead-prone areas clear.
The first is an easy, two-ingredient solution that can be put together quickly for routine cleaning.
- Simply combine baking soda with water to make a paste.
- Apply to your face or at least the blackhead problem areas for 10 minutes and let this absorbant mask wick out the oil and debris clogging the follicles.
(Notice how we said "clogged pores" above and then "clogged follicle" just now? The pore is the opening fine skin hairs grow out of - they're the same thing. Now you know!)
This next blackhead mask requires a little more work but is nice treat for when you have time for an herbal mask.
Oatmeal, egg white and parsley are used in this blackhead removing home remedy.
- Boil 1/2 cup water (it's understood that some water will be lost as steam).
- Turn off water at boil and add a 1/3 bunch of fresh parsley or 2 Tablespoons dried parsley and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid to filter out the parsley.
While the water is boiling grind 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (rolled oats) in a clean coffee grinder. If you don't have a coffee grinder break apart the oats into smaller pieces using your fingertips.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the parsley water to the 2 tablespoons crushed oats to make a paste.
- Add the egg white, mix into a paste and apply to your face for 10 minutes.
A few drops of you favorite non-irritating essential oil can be added to supplement the treatment. What's non-irritating? We don't recommend peppermint, for example! Lavender or other flower essences would work fine.
Sun in the summer and wind in the winter dry out our skin robbing us of the supple look of youth. Restore that moisture the natural way with this simple recipes that uses only two ingredients!
You might need to pick up some almond oil if it's something you don't normally use and while you're at the store get a nice, soft, ready-to-use avocado.
To make this simple skin moisturizing mask use 1/2 to 1/3 of the avocado and mash it with four drops of almond oil and leave on your face for 30 minutes.
The avocado's delivers moisture that's rich in vitamins B and E.
Absorb Away Oily Skin
Use this treatment twice a week to clean your skin and remove excess while maintaining healthy moisture levels.
- Mix into a paste an egg yolk, a 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 2 Tablespoons each of honey and olive oil.
- Apply to face and leave on for 20 minutes.
The honey cleans and is naturally antibacterial, the oatmeal absorbs dirt and oil and the olive oil ensures healthful moisture is maintained.
Lighten Spots And Even Out Melasma Patches
A natural home remedy for skin that's uneven in color is to take half a cup of fresh mashed papaya and mix with 2 Tablespoons of honey.
Spread evenly on your face and leave on for 20 minutes.
Apply A Healthy Lifestyle
If you're worried natural skin care remedies act too slow remember that even prescription skin medicines can take weeks to see results. And the beauty of these home remedies is that they can become long-term healthy habits that have no bad side effects. In fact, you may find yourself trying new cooking recipes with all that papaya and almond oil on hand!