Our home and work environments are filled with chemicals, pollutants, and particles that are unperceivable and affect our lives in ways many do not understand. These invisible things permeate our world, and can have many negative impacts, so it is our job to be aware of the things we are around and the things we buy in order to ensure they do not negatively affect us. To be sure you and your loved ones are protected from these pollutants and living a healthy life, you must be conscious of several things. Here is a quick list of five ways to protect yourself and your family.
1. Beware of "violate organic compounds." Most cleaning products, including many familiar name brands, contain harmful chemicals that can escape through their lids and can cause damage if exposed to after long periods of time. In the home, these cleaning products are commonly placed under the sinks in bathrooms and kitchens, or in closets. But no matter where they are placed, these chemicals, once they pass the lids, can create low-level health hazards that become more dangerous the longer a person is exposed. Be aware of which types of chemicals are in your cleaning products and what possible hazards they may present, and be sure to protect yourself by buying products you know will not present these dangers.
2. Know what is in your water. Public water utilities give out the quality test information free upon request. Certain purifiers, like ammonia, require special filters for removal, and could otherwise be harmful if ingested.
3. Some types of soaps and body washes contain harmful ingredients. People who already have sensitive skin will be prone to the negative effects of these compounds. To avoid sensitivity, it is suggested that you use fragrant-free products, as they are more likely to contain toxic chemicals. Organic, scent-free soaps are the best chemical-free soaps, and will pose less of a hazard to you.
4. Electromagnetic fields have been proven to affect the human body, and have given rise to a new problem called, "electro pollution." Electromagnetic fields are produced by electronic devices such as cell phones and Wi-Fi, and have caused a new rise in people sensitive to these fields. If you or a loved one is effected by electromagnetic fields, either stay away or remove yourself from what is producing the field, or remove the device itself.
5. The foods we eat are filled with chemicals that can affect us negatively. From the everyday ingredients of these foods and their make up, and the preservatives used to keep them fresh, to the way they are prepared, the foods we eat can contain a wide variety of chemicals we are unaware of. Eating healthy foods from stores and restaurants known for their healthy food options will keep you safe from toxic chemicals. Eat organic, unprocessed whole foods and cook with clean dishes and other organic compounds to be sure that you avoid ingesting harmful chemicals.
There are many things in our homes and work spaces that can affect us without our knowledge, but learning about what things may be creating these adverse environments will allow us to find ways to neutralize them. If you are willing to protect yourself and your loved ones, be sure to find further information online about ways to safeguard you and your family.
Go here for more information about ways to protect yourself from harmful chemicals in the environment.