Practitioners of natural medicine have used tea tree oil for many years, and it is one of the most widely used natural remedies on the market.
Tea tree oil is an essential oil which comes from the Australian plant, Melaleuca alternifolia grown in Australia and Northern New South Wales). The oil is produced by steam distillation from the sticky leaves of the plant, and has been credited to have healing effects that are nothing short of miraculous.
While it can't actually perform miracles, when used topically it certainly lives up to it's nickname "First-Aid Kit in a Bottle". Effective against bacteria, fungi, and viruses, this unassuming steam distilled essential oil also stimulates the immune system. The oil is usually a pale golden color and it has a strong, fresh, camphor-like scent.
When purchasing for home use:
Make sure it comes in a dark glass bottle with a dropper. This will prevent light from degrading potency. Do NOT ingest it orally.
10 Ways to Use Tea Tree Oil in Your Natural Skin Care
1. Heal acne lesions with its antibacterial qualities. Dab directly on to pimples and lesions.
2. Treat Athlete's Foot, eczema, folliculitis, various yeast infections, etc. as an anti-fungal.
3. Use on minor cuts and burns as an antiseptic.
4. Tea tree is anti-viral, and it can lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try a few drops in the bath.
5. Loosen chest congestion by adding a few drops to a vaporizer.
6. Destroy head lice naturally by adding a few drops to shampoo.
7. Address pesky body odor by adding tea tree oil to your bath.
8. Treat dandruff and dry scalp by adding it to shampoo. Treat scalp sores by dabbing directly on the sore. It will clean wounds by dissolving pus without skin damage.
9. As an anti-fungal, it will heal nail fungus when used persistently
10. Added to a witch hazel as a toner, it is as effective as benzoyl peroxide in preventing future acne breakouts.
For more natural skin care recipes and remedies, visit: http://www.natural-remedies-for-skin-care.com/index.html